Our ambitious team is proud to share our major milestone achievements:
High school programs:
- Bur Oak Secondary School
- Mary Ward Catholic Secondary School (pending)
- Havergal College (pending)
- University of Toronto (St. George Campus)
- University of Toronto (Mississauga Campus)
- York University
- Ryerson University
- Creating and implementing Health Out Loud programs that are implemented as part of the YMCA’s newcomer program.
- Established communication with the Working Women Community Center to implement Health Out Loud programs for young mothers and children.
- Successfully launched a photo competition in which participants shared creative strategies for exercising.
- Expanded reach to 1000 people across Ontario, including elementary, high school and university students, as well as working professionals from nearly every field.
- Achieved 600+ likes for our new Health Out Loud Facebook Page.
Together, our university, high school and community programs reach 1000+ participants. These people include elementary, high school and university students, recent alumni and working professionals from nearly every field.
LEARN MORE ABOUT OUR JOURNEY!
Became a registered charityJune 14, 2015
University of Toronto Mississauga Health Out Loud ProgramSeptember 2015
28 followers and 45 following on Instagram; 40 followers and 107 following on Twitter; 580 likes on Facebook (NPO specific)May 2015
Expanded reach to 1000 people across Ontario, including elementary, high school and university students, as well as working professionals from nearly every fieldMay 2015
Two social media photo competitions with 42 submissions collectivelyMarch 2015
Community program Partnership for Working Women Community Center's Home Instruction for Parents of Preschool Youngsters and On Your Mark Programs for students and parentsJanuary 2015
Established relationship with Rotary Club of Toronto SkylineJanuary 2015
Developed organization-wide standardized accounting procedures and policiesDecember 2014
Community program partnership with YMCA's Newcomer ProgramOctober 2014
Bur Oak Secondary School, York Universiy and Ryerson University Health Out Loud ProgramsSeptember 2014
Health Out Loud expanded into a non-profit organizationApril 2014
$2500 of funding secured via grants and fundraisingFeburary 2014
Health Out Loud gained 300 membersSeptember 2013
Health Out Loud was founded as a University of Toronto student groupSeptember 2010